More than 5.2 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease. By 2050, that number is expected to nearly triple, unless a treatment or cure is found. With an epidemic on the horizon, researchers around the world are coming together in a remarkable show of collaboration to achieve one common goal: ending Alzheimer’s disease now.
Banner Alzheimer’s Institute (BAI) created the Alzheimer’s Prevention Registry in collaboration with partnering organizations as part of its mission to end Alzheimer’s disease without losing another generation. The Phoenix-based nonprofit organization is part of Banner Health, one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country.
BAI is helping to lead the fight against Alzheimer’s through its cutting-edge studies in detection, treatment and prevention and through a comprehensive model of care that addresses both medical and non-medical needs of patients and their families.
As an engaged community of individuals and organizations united by this cause, the Alzheimer’s Prevention Registry is a resource for those who want to stay abreast of the latest in Alzheimer’s news, scientific advances and overall brain health. In turn, Registry members become informed advocates for Alzheimer’s prevention.
With a goal of enrolling 250,000 people in the United States by 2015, the Registry also supports participation in a variety of community-based Alzheimer’s prevention studies and gives members the opportunity to have a direct impact on the future of Alzheimer’s.
While participation in research studies is optional, the Alzheimer’s Prevention Registry is our best effort to bring together those who share the belief that now is the time to end Alzheimer’s disease. It leverages the collective strengths of esteemed researchers and organizations and harnesses the power of a public willing to participate in the study process and make a meaningful difference in the fight against Alzheimer’s.
We all have a stake in the mission to save memories. Join the Alzheimer’s Prevention Registry today and take action against Alzheimer’s.
Alzheimer’s Prevention Registry Partners
- Alzheimer’s Disease Cooperative Study
- Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative
- Alzheimer Research Forum (AlzForum)
- Banner Alzheimer’s Institute
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- CEO Initiative on Alzheimer's Disease
- Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Columbia University
- Geoffrey Beene Gives Back Alzheimer’s Initiative
- Harvard Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mayo Clinic
- Roper St. Francis Healthcare
- Rush University Medical Center
- The Brain Initiative
- The A4 Trial
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- University of California San Diego
- University of California San Francisco Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases